Wednesday, December 3, 2008

10 weeks of physical health: Day ?

Who knows how far into this I am!!! I know that it ends December 15th -- I am going to try and keep it going through Christmas and New Years -- Because that is where all the unhealthy treats show off their good side!

So, did pretty good over Thanksgiving! How did y'all do? However, my munchy, treat-eating seems to come at random times!!! . . . emotional times.

I tell you what -- this has not only been a physical experience, but quite an emotional ride as well! I have always said in my posts that it has to do with emotional health too!!!
SO I had a major emotional breakthough!!! It was huge for me - had no idea it was there-- And I know this has been at the core of my self-image beliefs!!! --- man o man! Ya put it out there and ways of change and cleansing just flo into your life! Its amazing!


So a couple times a month I get to have great chats with my friend after we work with the kids at The Sharing Place. Life issues are always discussed and this last Monday - he helped bring up a subject I have NEVER looked at or even thought was an issue . . .

So as we all grow up - most of us can look back and know that there are deep emotional issues that have to do with one or both of our parents. Some have many issues and a some have a few, but we all have them.

Now I have always known that many (not all) of my issues stem from my interpretations of my dad and growing up with him, and his style of how he raised us kids, etc. Now I have always looked up to my dad and have held him on quite a tall pedi-stole whenever I think of him or talk about him. However, my friend brought up the subject about how I TRULY feel about my dad -- it was a very interesting discovery!!! So after this Monday discussion with my friend - Tuesday was awful as I worked through some stuff - of course with the help of my amazing husband!!! (If anyone wants to know what the details of the discussion and processing was, I would love to tell you about it in person - too hard to explain on a blog post) so . . . here is the breakthough I had . . . (Please pardon the cuss words - its part of the feeling of the breakthough)

---I am my own damn person, I have everything about myself to be proud of, and I have my own damn life, and who am I to allow anyone elses opinions, or my interpretations of there opinions make a difference in how I view myself or live my life! I am me and I am DAMN proud to be me!!!---

It was (and is) so powerful! I was able to really let go of a lot of stuff I have been holding on to that I have NO NEED for! I'm done with it! Its not a part of me and I have no need to choose it! But I had to view things from a new angle before I could SEE the reality of it and let it go!!!

I feel amazing right now! I am still processing some things with it, and it is great to be purging this stuff out of me!!! What I am working on now - is living in this new reality, and finding what is me, and also NEW!

YES! I love being me!!!


So there ya have it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you for all your love and support with this blog and with everything! May love shine in your lives always - and may your trueselves be found!

2 comments:

Bash's said...

Whoa babe. That's deep stuff. I am so glad you were able to become aware of it. Sometimes, just being aware of something will help stop it from affecting you life. It's like the elephant in the rooom story. It gets smaller once it's recognized. Just remember, you allow things from the past to affect you today. Once you have the strength to let those things go and realize they happened long ago, you can become who you really want to be.
BTW it was wonderful to see you, if only for a few minutes. I miss you so much. I really need my girls.
I'm sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Thanks babe! I love reading your thoughts on here! I loved seeing you too! Let me know when you are coming up here. Love ya!