Monday, January 12, 2009

The 10 Day Challenge: Exercise!

Here is the Exercise Plan for the Challenge:
(I will give a detailed schedule this week)

-workout ALL 10 days

-each day = 30 min straight (can do more, but no need to go more than 40 min)

-5 days (alternating) pure 30 min. Cardio! (not including 2 min warm-up)
--Try to find classes at the gym or workout videos at home that give you a variety of using many different body muscles, such as, Step, Cycling/Spin, Hip Hop, Kick Boxing, etc. You can Run, but if you want the most out of it, only Run on the days you do muscle training with it. ** I suggest you also include 5 min. of abs on these days, which changes things to 25 min. of pure Cardio.

-5 days (alternating from pure cardio days) 10 min. Cardio, 20 min. full body toning/weight lifting
--Try 10 min. of straight Running or Jogging or any Cardio workout. (not including warm-up time). Then take to the weights : do upper body and lower body weight training for 20+ min. ** if you are working out at home and do not have weights, then alternate between push-ups and squats&lunges for 20 min.

Sunday- You ask? . . . "Hmm. What if that is my day of rest?" . . . Well you definitely need to honor that, so do what feels right to you. If you feel okay with it, do yoga or something like that, or maybe just an ab workout for 10 min., or rest. Its up to you on that one.

Okay ---- start getting mentally prepared for this! Look at your schedule and see where you can fit that time in! Make it manditory! I have a friend who plans workouts into her schedule and calls them appointments, so when she has to leave from somewhere to make her "appointment" it sounds more important! :) I workout in the morning, because I know I will rarely do it after I start my day. You will be so ready to do this!!! YES!

love love love! Have a heal-thy day!

2 comments:

Bash's said...

Am I the only one who is nervous already??????
UGHHH!
But, I'm still doing this. I will do my best and not beat myself up if I slip up here and there. I think my mom wants to join in too. I'm sending her a link to your blog.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

You every right to be nervous, but -- Dude its 10 days - its not the rest of your life (although it will assist you in staying in shape). Have a plan and follow it. I have more tips coming and a full plan to follow! You can do it and I know if you really want it - you will give 100%!!!

You ROCK! Its easy if you follow it! I will have tips for temptation too! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!