Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 10 of this 10 Day Challenge!!!

Well its over! All 10 days! How did you do?


I did pretty good! I have to admit that there were 2 days that I ate more than was required for the challenge. I still ate within a healthy diet range, but I am wishing I would've given the FULL 100%.

Anyway - I hope you all did better than me!

I want to hear about your results! I am curious if it worked for you - or what results you did see!

The experience for me was still very positive!!!! I feel extremely lighter (after the 5 holiday pounds I put on). I also bought some jeans a few days before we started that were very snug on me. They were really tight on my butt and my belly hung over. Gross! Well ... I tried them on tonight and voilah! They fit nicely!! I am very excited!

Now the issue is staying on track to get trimmer and stay that way!!!!

Here are some helpful hints on how to keep your healthy lifestyle going strong ...

Diet:

Keep eating 5 times/day. You can now up you snack size to the 250 cal. instead of 150. This means it is about the same size of meal as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Keep each of your 5 meals around 250 calories, balanced with protein, healthy carb (like fruit, or whole grain), and a veggie. This equals out to be 1250 calories/day. If you want to lose weight, do not eat more than 1400 calories in a day. Also if you are a male, you should probably increase your calories per day by about 200 - 300 more than that, so just add an extra meal to your day, making it 6 meals of approx. 250 cal. each.


Exercise:

Keep doing the same routine as the 10 day challenge... you don't need to work out everyday though --- yet, that does not mean you can stop working out! :)

Keep your routine of every other day, cardio, muscles, cardio, muscles, etc. If you want to lose weight you really should work out 5 days/week at the least. However, if you really hate working out, or can't seem to fit it in then do AT THE VERY LEAST 3 days/week!!!

I usually do 3 cardio days, and 2 weight lifting days - and sometimes a 6th day of whatever I want.

ALSO:

  • Keep drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water/day (more if you can)
  • Eat your last meal 2 - 3 hours before you go to bed
  • Get your rest. Get enough sleep at night - as least 7 hours, 8-9 is best.


My problem is the eating part. I need to kick my sugar habits.


Here are some pictures of healthy food ideas ... an example of 5 meals to eat: (these are easy things to make, and I eat all of these - they are very good and fast to fix)


Chicken Salad with Vinegrette dressing:
Cut up some lettuce, fill a big bowl with it, add a veggie or 2, a hand full of chopped up, cooked and seasoned chicken breast, add 2 tbl. vinegrette dressing. Delish! (to make it quicker - buy the pre-cooked chicken breasts already seasoned and cut up ... or get the caned chicken breast- kinda like tuna in a can- it is still good, yet it has a lot of sodium)


Cottage Cheese and berries:

Measure a 1/2 cup - 1 cup cottage cheese (1/2 C = 90 cal. and 12 gms protein), and 1 cup blueberries, strawberries, or fresh peaches sliced. YUM!


Taco Salad, w/0 the chips:

This is a salad I made with left over Taco meat from the previous night's dinner. I made the Taco meat with Ground Turkey (very healthy) instead of beef. For this lunchI did a handful-size scoop of meat, I add lettuce, and broccoli, and no dressing. The seasoned taco meat gave it all just enough flavor! MMMMM!



Healthy Omelet for any time of day:

3 egg whites, salted and scrambled, and any veggie added. Here I added yellow peppers. I also like to put salsa on top sometimes, with 1 slice of whole wheat toast, no butter. YUM!


This final one is one of my favorite meals:
1/2 cantelope (with seeds scooped out), fill the hole with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and sprinkle with wholesome granola (no more than an 1/8 cup size) it adds the perfect crunch! SO GOOD! Its perfect because I get to look forward to having the second half the next day!!! :)

Now these meals are just ones I took pictures of. You can also ... make a healthy sandwich, with only 1 slice of bread, lean lunch meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, 1 tsp mayo, -- or have a bowl of whole grain, low sugar, cereal and 1/4 - 1/2 cup fatfree milk, -- or a whole fruit and small handful almonds, -- soy nuts are also good. Keep the variety of it all, and also keep it quick and simple.

Also, when we are having Salmon and rice for dinner, I just chop up some lettuce for me and put the Salmon on top of the lettuce with a little Light Italian dressing and skip the rice. Its very good!

More tips to come! Good luck with the new and healthy you!

love love love! have a heal-thy day!

4 comments:

Bash's said...

So, I did alright. Not fabulous. I guess you would say 85%. My birthday in the middle of this made it a lot harder. So, I cheated for a couple of days. And, honestly, I didn't do the exercise, just the diet. Man, I wish I could figure out my retarded problem with exercising. UGH.
So, I feel better. My pants are looser and my skin is happy. All in all, it was very worth it and I plan to continue with the healthy eating.

Bash's said...

Oh. Thanks for the birthday message. Yes, you got the right day- good for you! Love ya!

Alisha K said...

I did pretty good as well. I am the WORST at the weekends. I didn't work out over the weekend and I didn't eat bad, but I didn't stick to the plan. Mon-Wed I had training so I was not able to eat the 5 meals, and we went out, but I tried to order healthy choices and stop when I felt satisfied.

My pants are much looser and I feel much stronger and healthier. I plan to MAINTAIN! I will kick myself if all this hardwork is lost on cookies.

Alisha K said...

I told my sister-in-law about our hard work and now she is doing the 10 day challenge. I am so excited for her. GO AMANDA!! Day TWO!