Thursday, October 16, 2008

10 days of physical health: Day 11

Today was a good, healthy day. I allowed myself to TASTE the brownies at work and I did not over-eat or eat past 6:00 tonight. I am not really hungry right now either. I am very tired though and am craving my cozy bed. :)

* * *

JUNK FOOD!


So what do you do when your husband goes to the store while you are at work and buys tons of junk food because he is in the mood for it. (Corn dogs, ice cream, potato chips . . . because none of this kind of stuff is anywhere to be found in my house right now :)) Now it is in your house and staring at you! Well, that is what happened tonight. Which I have to say I am totally supportive of doing what you want and what you feel you gotta do. Now I just need to make the choice if I am going to join this feast or not.


How to overcome it. Well, I am lucky I really don't feel like eating any of it tonight, which is odd for me, so I am going to take FULL advantage of the fact that I have no desire for junk food tonight and not partake.


What do you do when you are CRAVING junk! Well, you can think, "When I wake up in the morning I am not going to be disappointed in myself if I look back on this night and say, I didn't give in. In fact, I will be very excited about standing strong to being healthy for myself! " Then you can start the day knowing you CAN resist cravings and stay healthier!


Keep your favorite fruits stocked in your house, for when you have a sweet tooth, load up on the grapes, pineapple, watermelon, stawberries, oranges, apples. The really sweet, juicy ones satisfy the sugar cravings faster than other fruits. Or have some delicious carrots and lowfat ranch dip.


Just a thought! Have a great day!

1 comment:

KaufusiFamily said...

I have to say I'm a junk food junkie. I love it. I do find it is easier for me to withgo (if that's even a word) junk food during the summer because I can replace it with all that yummy fruit. However, during the winter is when I seem to indulge a little TOO much. There are the holidays (3 in a row -really, who thought that one up??) that I constantly struggle with. Then the new year comes and I jump on that band-wagon of "starting new". I just wish there were more fruits during the winter. I know there are those yummy apples and oranges, but I need melons, mangoes, nectarines. (my mouth just started watering as I typed).

My goal: find new fruits/veggies to replace my junk food.