Sunday, October 5, 2008

10 weeks - 70 days - of physical health . . .

So I am sure many of you can relate to a similar story I have continually experienced in my adult life and perhaps before:

"I need to be healthier! I am going to do good from now on!" Four days go by - "Yes, I am doing so good!" That night, "Oh, I am doing so good - I can have one piece of cake! After all, they say if you deprive yourself you will fail." 2 or 3 pieces of cake later, and 2 scoops of ice cream, "Oh I guess I will start again next week, since the weekend is a day away and I already screwed it up!" Then the thoughts of disappointment and failure come and you try to fight them off, but they seem to be win again. One month later - "Okay I am really going to do it this time!" Cycle begins again . . .

Now the story may vary at times, but it's pretty close.

So I am now declaring it officially on this blog to create the support I need! Monday (tomorrow) October 6th, I am beginning my:

10 weeks of healthy eating and regular exercise

I just want to actually complete it - I am not going to weigh myself - but I will measure myself. I will document my progress each day, posting what I eat and what I do for exercise. I may even post before pictures - eeeeee - I feel so many insecurities coming out with that thought - but this is what its about - healing my soul too! Releasing those insecurities!

Well - Let's be honest! I just need the support! I feel like making it known on here will help me to actually meet my goal!

I am inviting anyone out there to do this with me, the whole thing or just part of it. I would love to know your goals, and what you are declaring for yourself! I am also inviting anyone to just comment and give support if you wish.

Here we GOOOOOOO!

4 comments:

beck said...

this is fun. what do i do to try with you? just try to be healthy?

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

I will post the steps I will take and am taking each day. You can do the same, or adjust it to your life style.

Cathy said...

You can do this!! It's inspiring! I'm in! Purposely forming healthy habits is awesome!

KaufusiFamily said...

I love this! I totally want to do it. After I had Malia I have had the hardest time eating healthier. I would love to be a part of this. Just let me know.