Thursday, October 9, 2008

10 weeks of phys. health: Day 4

Okay -- Day 4 is much better! Yesterday was rough!

Ya know how I said earlier that PIZZA is my LOVE! Well - last night we ordered pizza for the Teens that I work with. OH MAN! It was good! I couldn't pass it up! I did eat a little too much last night according to my desired range of daily calorie consumption (DCC), but I guess I could've done worse. I had 1 large piece of cheese pizza, 3 crazy bread-sticks, a small bowl of chili (before we had to pizza), and a glass of milk.

**** I did work out last night like I said - I did Pilates. Man it is a major ab and core workout! It was great. It helped me relax at the end with the relaxation cool down.

Started fresh today! Have been eating healthy and I lifted weights this morning! Still had a VERY hard time getting out of bed though. SOOO I got up later than I wanted - with all the running around with kids and school and my fiasco at Shopko that took most of the day - I went to work today without showering . . . eeooh! Luckily I had deoterant in my car :)

* * *
GREAT TIP OF THE DAY!


So many of us are working people- right? If not at a paying job, then being a fulltime, run around parent is very hard work (I am lucky to have both encompass my life!)

It is hard to eat healthy on the GO or at work! At my work there are goodies everywhere! On the GO it is hard not to eat the greasy fast food while you take a break to let the kids play at the playland inside. Many people suggest those 100 calorie packs of cookies or crackers for a quick snack- I have to say that I would have to eat 5 of those it to feel like it was a snack - they are FULL OF AIR! Its like eating a bowl of Honeycomb, or Pops . . . you have to eat 7 bowls for it to feel like you ate that morning!(really, I have not problem with that ;)

One yummy, low cal, healthy suggestion for on the GO and to stuff in your drawer at work (and it will sustain you for a couple hours):


A whole fruit (or big bowl of GRAPES) and a little packet of beef jerky - or 1.5 oz from out of a big bag!



This snack was great for me today!

I just bought a multi-pack of mini beef jerky bags at Costco. They are only 110 cal, 1-2 gms of fat, and 16 gms of protein. *** There is a lot of sodium, so this snack probably should be a 2-3 x's/week kind of thing - with extra water.

Anyway, its healthy and FAST! Have a few apples or oranges in your drawer at work, or that you can grab off the counter at home before you GO! Have a couple bags of jerky in an easy to grab place --- and enjoy!

If you don't like beef/turkey jerky or fruit ;) . . . I will post lots of suggestions for quick, healthy snacks this weekend - The weekend is where I struggle - Sunday nights are usually cookie and brownie night --- aka Amy-pigging-out-on-half-the-pan-of-deliciousness night! Hee hee!

2 comments:

KaufusiFamily said...

Thanks for the snacking tips. I'll have to stop by costco and get some jerky. I love jerky.

Yesterday was a better day for me as well. I knew I would be running around all day so I packed myself a snack bag. (just crackers, yogurt and an apple) But it helped me from making a "quick stop" to grab something for on the go (aka Wendys or McD's). However, I did not have time to exercise, but I felt that since I chased Malia around the playground I could some how count that as exercise. lol.

Weekends are bad for me too. We seem to eat out and hang out with friends so I feel like its a free-for-all. This weekend will be especially bad because we are going to Chicago. Who can eat healthy on the road??

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Oooh! Healthy on the road? Thats a good challenge for me - I don't remember ever doing that.