Tuesday, October 7, 2008

10 weeks of physical health: Day 2

Hummus! A healthy alternative to mayo! Also, delicious to spread on whole grain crackers, or whole grain pita wedges.


I made myself a half sandwich spread with hummus. I buy the stuff from Costco because it is already seasoned - however, if you don't eat very much hummus, you can buy smaller containers at a regular grocery store.


So this half sammy was about 250 cal., 10 grams of protein. It was very delicious with the tomatoes and the spinach leaves (veggie).


* * *

I have to admit that night time is my worst time for controlling my cravings for carbs and sugar. I have realized that I have a major addiction to sugar - - - so much so that if I eat even one piece of cake or one cookie I can not stop myself from binging out! 8 cookies later . . .

Also . . . PIZZA!
This is my greatest weakness lately. For the last 6+ months I just can't get enough. I LOVE it! I CRAVE it! I do not know why! I have never loved pizza this much in all my life, but it is truly my achilies heel with food!

We all have cravings! I am curious - what are yours? What food item is there in this world that you can't get enough of and/or could never get sick of?

* * *

PS. Still doing great! Ate healthy, again, all day! Did weight training today - I am tired after that - plus with staying up so late Sunday night, I have not fully recovered.

Good Luck with your healthy living! Just start with small adjustments - it takes time to break habits! Thanks for your SUPPORT!

6 comments:

Nan said...

Hi sis! Loved reading it! You sound excited, inspired & determined. I can feel it coming genuinely from you...honestly, just putting it all out on the table! I love you, mom

beck said...

whatever about the hair in that pic on my blog . . . i thought you looked super cute and that's why i chose the pic! :) and even though i am not doing the strictly healthy thing yet, you are inspiring me to get my butt in gear!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Sweet! (to both comments) That is was this blog is all about!!! and Thanks!

KaufusiFamily said...

Night times are my hardest as well. I feel like I am SO busy through out the day that I don't have the time to eat. And when I finally slow down I start to do my impulsive eating. I don't think I am REALLY hungry, just bored and not really sure what else to do. My weaknesses are breads and goodies. I LOVE bread! I am really bad about it. I make my own bread and rolls and my kids are addicted to them too. Is that bad?? My rationalization (sp?) about it is this... it is better than store bought bread because I know everything that is going into it. But still... those are a lot of carbs. And goodies.... well, I haven't found a good excuse for those yet.

As far as working out... I just wish there were MORE hours in the day. I feel like I am running from one thing to the next with the kids in school and after-school activities starting. I really need to set aside a time in the day that is just for ME! Okay.. that's it... that is my first goal! I am going to make "ME" time. :)

ps... I'm lovin' the blog.

KaufusiFamily said...

WOW! sorry for the long post.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

YES YES YES! I LOVE bread and baked goods - homemade!!!! I could eat them ALL day! and ALL night!

PS. Thanks for the comment! IT helps to know I have someone to share my struggles with food cravings.