Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 days of physical health: Day 24

Good evening to all! I have had a blissful day today! But this week did not start out blissful. Yet, I am glad to say that this week has been a learning experience for me. . .

My Emotional Release Story of the Week:

- - - I lost several hours of sleep this last week and weekend, mulling over and stressing over emotions that needed to be released . . . here's the "Readers Digest" version:




Since June, this year, things at work have been so busy and overwhelming --- like a big wave had crashed in on all the people on my work team and we are now just barely recovering from the blow of the looooong experience of rolling and tumbling in the strength of the under current.


So just recovering from all the craziness and huge stresses, I realized I had a lot of emotion that had built up. It showed up looking like anger mostly, but really it was just so much emotion that I just didn't know what to do with it all or where to start to even express it. ---- WELL, this last Monday I got the guts to call my supervisor (who is very cool, and laid back) and another co-worker we both work closely with and ask them to meet with me, to just explain to them where I was coming from. I just needed them to see what my experience in these last stressful months has been like.


Luckily it all turned out well! I was nervous at first, because I had so much emotion, I was afraid I was going to yell at them and start to make it all their fault. Luckily I didn't, and they were so wonderful and helped validate my feelings. Soooo - since then it has felt really good and I feel blessed I work with such a great team that I can do that!


Great part: I am sleeping at night! Hurray!


Funny part: So it was the first day at work for our new staff member, who I will be working very closely with, and he was there while me and the other two met. Uh, Yah. So he just sat there quietly while he saw me bawling and stubbling over words and being very emotional. So - I guess there is no better way to break your new co-worker in. Huh!


SO - my point of this story is . . . if there is emotions that are keeping you up at night and that need to be released - find a way to do it and hopefully you have a supportive environment to do it in. You will sleep more peacefully - and it really helps with emotional and physical health!!! It smooths the wrinkles on your forehead and puts the smile back on your face! ;)


Have a heal-thy day!!!

2 comments:

KaufusiFamily said...

So... I am finally back to reality. I just spent the past week in Park City at my parent's time share. (and the week before in St. George for my grandmother's funeral. I DID need a mini-vacation to feel rejuvinated.) It was a nice getaway, but great to be back in the swing of things.

I felt like I did pretty good on the "healthy" aspect. Although... I did give myself a free day (my birthday - I couldn't pass up sushi). But all in all... I have felt really good and I always question myself when I eat. Am I eating because I am bored or do I really want to eat?? It really helps.

Emotions... yes... I have a lot of that going on right now. There are several reasons for me not sleeping comfortably. I always seem to worry about things, and it is always around 3am that I start doing it. That means that I had gotten at least a few hours of good sleep. (thats good, right?) I wish I were as good as you about confronting my emotions and what triggers them... but that is something I am working on. But you are right... we have to be healthy both physically & emotionally. So... that is my goal for the next few weeks. I am going to focus on my emotional well-being.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

COOL! Work in progress - that is life - do the WORK on yourself that you need!!! :)