Monday, October 6, 2008

10 weeks of physical health: Day 1

So, for some reason I could not fall asleep last night and didn't go to bed until about 1:30 am. What a way to kick off healthy living.

Anyway, I didn't let that stop me (I will most likely compensate with caffeine).

Got up at 6:30am and worked out: 40 min. Cardio, Lower body, and Abs. -Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer videos - thank you Tony ;)




This was my breakfast today: 1/2 cantelope, scoop out seeds, fill with cottage cheese (about 1/2-3/4 cup), sprinkle high fiber granola on top. YUM! (about 250 calories, 12+ grams protein)



The Daily Eating Plan:

--5 meals a day
--2-3 hours apart
--Each equaling 200-250 calories
--Between 10 and 25 grams of protein/meal
--All Fruit and Whole Grains, for carbs
--As many veggies as I can remember to eat (at least 3/day)

The Daily Workout Plan:

20 - 45 min per day
2 days a week - Full Body weight training
4 days a week - Medium to Intense Cardio
1 day a week - Yoga (instead of Cardio or Weights)

Okay . . . This is probably one of the biggest things for me to overcome. This seriously brings up so many insecurities. I am working on noticing my insecurities and doing things to let them go, so I can truly be myself. I decided to do it - here are my before pictures. One fully dressed and three in swim suit bottoms and sports bra. Ugh!



Long sleaves and pants - it was cold this morning!

Ha Ha! I did it like the gloomy info-mercial photos - no color - Funny!

Well, I put it all out there. I guess I could have put huge before pictures, but lets not push it. I'm already hyperventilating with embarrassment - no not really, but I do feel a little stress - funny huh!

I took my measurements today. I will post them tomorrow.

PS. I did great today! Ate healthy all day! I ate my last meal at about 6:30pm.

2 comments:

beck said...

good job ame! very brave . . . not sure if i could post pics but the fact that you did is great, maybe i will work up to it! :) i want to do this, but not quite ready yet . . . i feel like i need a little prep time.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Thanks Becks! I will be posting healthy tips along the way and the things I am doing can plant seeds for healthy ideas for your personal self!