Monday, October 13, 2008

10 week of physical health: Days 6, 7, & 8

Yes Yes - I know - I thought about writing a post all weekend - I have the "tired" excuse, the "working" excuse, and the "I gave into my cravings, so I didn't want to write that" excuse. Hee Hee.

However, I am not starting over - I am still on DAY 8! At the end of this 10 week period we'll see how I do. I think I will definitely be healthier by the end and maybe a little smaller - I'm just hopin' for a bit.

So my healthy tip for the day:

GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO TASTE THE DESSERT, BUT NOT EAT THE DESSERT!

I am going to try this and see how it works for me.

Baked Goods! This is my LOVE! I am not going to say my weakness - because I truly believe it is a strength -- HOW SO? You say? I love to eat cookies, cake, pastries, brownies, etc. and I also love to bake them. I have found a true love for it and because I eat them so often, I have developed a "taste" for the good stuff. I'd have to admit I am becoming pretty good at making really good stuff - but I have to be careful with how much I consume. SO -- I am giving myself permission to taste them, not eat them! I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

KaufusiFamily said...

Gee... thanks for posting that picutre of the OH SO YUMMY treats. They made my mouth water just looking at them.

This weekend was especially hard for me. Jason and the kids made it out to Chicago, but Malia and I had to stay. (ahh, the joy of flying stand-by). Anyways... since it was just Malia and I, I though it would be a good idea to just order pizza and hang out. hahaha! We all know how this turns out. I ended up eating 4 pieces (with the help of Malia). Also... since the weather was dropped below my liking, I HAD to have hot chocolate. MMmmmm. It was yummy, I'm not going to lie.

Okay... day 9... here I come!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Awesome! That sounds delicious! You should've called me - I totally would have joined you! :) Meh! We're human, have life long habits and it takes time to over come them if we want to. And great spirit! Day 9! YES!