Friday, October 24, 2008

10 weeks of physical health: Day 19


I went running today for the 1st time in about 3 months. I usually run for my general workouts, and to train for small races or relays, but I have been doing other things to stay in shape during the last few months. I have to say I LOVED IT today! I did not realize how much I miss it. I love the weather for running right now. Its pretty cold in the mornings, and perfect for a run.


Exercising outside is also very healing for the soul. I loved seeing the fall colors covering the trees in the park and along my usual route. It was also so peaceful outside.


I encourage everyone to get outside if you can. Walk, run, jog. Just breath the cool air and get those lungs workin'.


Have a healthy day!! Love love love!

2 comments:

Bash's said...

Hey babe! I just got some blood work done at my Dr.'s office. They checked my Vitamin D level (I had to request it) and found that is is low. Vitamin D deficiency is very common and getting more common as time goes by. It has been linked to many diseases like seasonal depression (why I got checked), weight gain, high colesterol and many others. So, I'm going to take lotsa Vitamin D this winter and see what happens. I found a lot of information at the Vitamin D Council's website.
Just thought I would share, I know we all HATE winter, this may make it more bearable.
Loves!!!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Hey! Great info! Thanks! I will do some research on vitamins and post some facts! Thanks! Love love love!