Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10 days of physical health: Day 20 -23

Hi Y'all! I have realized it is difficult for me to blog on weekends (everyday at least). The last few days have been crazy, but I have to say I was SOOO healthy all weekend! It felt great!

* * *
Hey I did some research on Vitamin D. Here are some ways to get it from food, besides taking the supplement:

My great friend Jayci informed me that being loaded up on the recommended amount of Vit. D we need can help with depression as well as other physical and emotional health. . . read up. . .

Selected Food Sources of Vitamin D:
(The list starts with foods with greatest amount of Vitamin D to least amount)

-Cod liver oil, 1 tablespoon
-Salmon, cooked, 3.5 ounces
-Mackerel, cooked, 3.5 ounces
-Tuna fish, canned in oil, 3 ounces
-Sardines, canned in oil, drained, 1.75 ounces
-Milk, nonfat, reduced fat, and whole, vitamin D-fortified, 1 cup
-Margarine, fortified, 1 tablespoon
-Ready-to-eat cereal, fortified with 10% of the DV for vitamin D, 0.75-1 cup (more heavily fortified cereals might provide more of the DV)
-Egg, 1 whole (vitamin D is found in yolk)
-Liver, beef, cooked, 3.5 ounces
-Cheese, Swiss, 1 ounce

Click here to go straight to more Vitamin D info.

To get info from a facts sheet of Vitamins and Minerals, click here.

No comments: